Final call for artists to sign up for next year’s Norfolk and Norwich Open Studios
- Credit: Ben Boswell
The deadline is fast approaching for artists to apply to take part in next year's Norfolk and Norwich Open Studios.
The 16-day county-wide celebration of visual arts is a key event in Norfolk's cultural calendar, and in 2017 it will take place from May 27 until June 11.
Artists have until Friday next week to register to get involved, and the event is open to both well established artists as well as people showing their work for the first time.
Every year hundreds of artists open their studios to the public for NNOS, giving people the chance to have a behind the scenes glimpse at how artists create their work.
There are also numerous art trails, demonstrations, private views, workshops and talks.
In 2016 it is estimated NNOS attracted about 28,000 visitors. About 455 artists took part across 255 venues, along with 16 schools.
Norfolk & Norwich Festival oversees the running of NNOS in partnership with the artists and in 2017 Norwich-based Wex Photographic will again be supporting the scheme.
- 1 Distraught Norwich City fan 'lost £98k in football betting site collapse’
- 2 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 3 Flood alert on the Broads due to high water levels
- 4 Sale of council farm as part of 4,000 homes plan sparks controversy
- 5 Chef reopens historic Norwich coffee shop with roasts on the menu too
- 6 Lorry crashes into ditch in village near Norwich
- 7 Historic pub and restaurant to reopen after £150,000 investment
- 8 Man had cocaine hidden in car when stopped by police
- 9 'Let's get this built' - Unanimous support for new £12m Norfolk hospital unit
- 10 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
Artists wanting to take part can apply online at www.nnopenstudios.org.uk.
The deadline is Friday, December 9.
The cost for inclusion in the scheme is £100 for individual artists and £280 for groups of artists.
This includes a listing in the Norfolk & Norwich Open Studios brochure, a listing on the NNOS website and posters and postcards to publicise their involvement in NNOS.
Artists will also have the chance to take part in the NNOS Central Taster Exhibition at The Forum, in Norwich, in April 2017.
For more information, visit www.nnopenstudios.org.uk, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Ros Dixon on 01603 877762.
Do you have a Norwich arts story?
Email arts correspondent Emma Knights at email@example.com