Film firm CHPV creates virtual tour to help Greater Gabbard wind farm workers
- Credit: TMS Media
A virtual tour of a 140-turbine windfarm could help cut costs and increase safety by allowing personnel to look around before heading offshore.
The Greater Gabbard wind farm, 14 miles off the East Anglian coast, has been filmed by Lowestoft photography firm CHPV Offshore Filming and Photography.
The project was undertaken on behalf of Greater Gabbard Offshore Winds which operates the wind farm for joint owners SSE and Innogy.
CHPV's Alan O'Neill said: 'It's the next best thing to actually being there. Each view is made up from 54 different 36-megapixel images, which means the detail is incredible.'
At points along the way viewers can focus on hotspots which give additional technical and safety information.
You may also want to watch:
Greater Gabbard general manager Sid Anverali said it would allow the company to review processes and plans without having to go offshore.
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 4 Secluded Broads farmhouse in almost 11 acres goes up for sale
- 5 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 6 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 7 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 8 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 9 Plans for seven new supermarkets in Norfolk - but where will they be?
- 10 Police called after elderly, sick seal attacked with stones