Fifth charged in connection with violent disorder in Brandon
A fifth man has been charged in relation to an incident of violent disorder in Brandon which left three in hospital.
Police were called to reports of a large disturbance on the Market Hill at around 1.25am on April 30. When they arrived they found two men with cuts and a third with a wound to his neck and face.
All three were taken to Addenbrooke's Hospital.
Robert O'Keefe, 22, of Hythe Road, Methwold, has been charged with affray and is due before Bury Magistrates on September 30.
There will be no further action taken against a second 22-year-old man from the Thetford area in relation to this incident, who was also answering bail today (Thursday).
You may also want to watch:
Earlier today, Christopher Smith, 21, of Dewarrene Drive, Brandon was charged with actual bodily Harm and Joe Rope, 20, from Brandon Fields, Brandon was charged with affray and unlawful violence.
Both will appear at Bury St Edmunds Magistrates Court on September 28.
- 1 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 2 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 3 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 4 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 5 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 6 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 7 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 8 Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk
- 9 Delays on A47 after lorry overturns
- 10 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
Yesterday, two other men were also charged in relation to the incident.
Aaron Markiewicz, 20, from Barr Drive, Lakenheath and Jordan Craigen, 21, from Mill Hill, Brandon were both charged with affray and unlawful violence.
They will appear at Bury St Edmunds Magistrates Court on September 29.
There will be no further action against a 25 year-old-man who also returned on bail yesterday (Wednesday).