Festive surprise at Norfolk care home leaves 103-year-old stunned
- Credit: Archant
A Norfolk care home was visited by Father Christmas and his reindeer in a festive surprise.
The Warren Care Home in Sprowston had some surprise visitors on December 13 when organisers invited Father Christmas and his reindeer to bring some festive cheer to residents and their relatives.
The care home also invited children from the local nursery who were given gifts from Father Christmas.
Emma Bayne, general manager at The Warren said: 'We had a fabulous afternoon, Father Christmas gave out presents to all the residents and children.
'One resident said that at 103 years old they didn't ever think they would stroke a real live reindeer.'
You may also want to watch:
The Warren provides residential care for 44 residents from respite care to long term stays.
The care home is run by Barchester Healthcare, one of the UK's largest care providers, which is committed to delivering personalised care across its care homes and hospitals.
- 1 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 2 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 3 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 4 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 5 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 6 BBC Springwatch films at Norfolk nature haven - with beavers
- 7 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 8 'Vulnerable' Norfolk man missing from home
- 9 A47 tailbacks as roadworks move west near Norwich
- 10 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area