Festive firework bonanza to continue Christmas celebrations in Lowestoft
- Credit: Archant
The Christmas festivities are to continue tonight with activities and a fantastic festive firework display.
This evening's event will conclude Lowestoft Vision's programme of Christmas events- which will also include late night shopping until 8pm.
There will be the chance to meet Elsa and Olaf from Frozen, enjoy fun fair rides and the opportunity to win £250 with the Heart Whirlwind as well as the musical fireworks display at 7.30pm, with the best viewing area between Greenwoods and Timpson's.
Free parking also continues all day on Sundays and from 3pm on Wednesday in the Britten Centre and Battery Green Road
This follows last weekend's yuletide revelry which saw singing performances from the fire crews of Lowestoft North and South fire stations as well as an open air nativity performed by Christ Church of Lowestoft.
You may also want to watch:
Darren Newman, Lowestoft Vision manager, said:
'It was another busy weekend in Lowestoft town centre, as part of our Christmas activity Lowestoft Vision provided reindeers which proved to be very popular.
- 1 Norfolk fuel update: Football match called off as crisis reaches day five
- 2 Former DJ and worker at Norfolk school was a 'deviant sexual predator'
- 3 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 4 Week's worth of fuel gone in hours at village filling station
- 5 Police probe launched after video shows officer kick out
- 6 Nine ways to make your fuel last and avoid joining petrol station queues
- 7 NASA rocket spotted over Norfolk
- 8 Why are there queues for petrol - and do you really need to fill up?
- 9 Fuel shortages are on those who panicked - don't just blame the media
- 10 Norfolk Broads' village in £150,000 bid to buy land at auction
'Over the last two weekends we have seen an increase in the number of people using the town compared to last which is really encouraging.'
Also on December 10 shoppers lined the town centre for the annual Fairy Tale Parade led by Southwold and Reydon Corps of Drums followed by Santa, the cast of Marina Theatre's Beauty and the Beast, the cast of the Lowestoft Players' Snow White and a number of retailers handing out treats to shoppers.
While on Sunday, December 11 Lowestoft Vision hosted festive songs around the Christmas tree with performances from Lowestoft Signing Choir, Cantors, Lowestoft Longshoreman, The Marina Theatre's Beauty and the Beast and the DPA show choir.
Darren Newman added: 'There was a fantastic atmosphere in the town on Saturday for the parade and we would like to thank all of those who took part and especially to John Grose for kindly providing the car for Beauty and the Beast's Belle and Santa.
'On Sunday it was great to see local talent perform in the town and we are really grateful to all those involved.'
For information on Christmas events in Lowestoft please see www.discoverlowestoft.co.uk