Festive family fun at Halesworth Christmas lights switch on
- Credit: Kaz Martin
Halesworth was brimming with festive cheer during the annual Christmas lights switch on last night.
Celebrations kicked-off with a performance from the Oxblood Molly Dancers who got the crowd into the Christmas spirit.
The Festival Voices followed singing a host of classic carols and providing a sprinkle of traditional festive charm.
Father Christmas was then escorted through the Thoroughfare by the Royal British Legion's Leiston branch before the lights were switched on at 5pm.
With the town illuminated, St Mary's Church was transformed into Santa's grotto and children got the chance to meet Father Christmas himself.
Vicks and The Kicks and The Blues Band then played in the Market Place through to the early evening.
Event organiser Teresa Walsh said: 'We were very pleased to see so many residents and visitors alike turn out on a very cold evening.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 3 Tributes to 'kind and caring' Norwich man with a love of chess and walking
- 4 'Like touching grim reaper's nose': Teenager lucky to be alive after crash
- 5 Norfolk's oldest woman dies, aged 110
- 6 Bid to build 70-bed care home and 24 affordable houses
- 7 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 8 Norfolk car dealership and MOT centre named among best in the country
- 9 Fury at bikers' who rode over dead seal pup
- 10 Fire crews called to house fire in north Norfolk
'A fantastic night was had by all.'
She added: 'Thanks go to Durrants Estate Agents for sponsoring all the bands.'