Festive elf gives Norwich bride a free wedding dress as an early Christmas present
- Credit: Emma Knights
A mischievous elf has been bringing lots of festive fun to a Norwich bridalwear shop.
For 12 days this month the colourful character has been spotted in various spots around La Belle Angele Bridalwear, in Bridewell Alley, and on the store's social media.
And on Saturday he gave one bride-to-be the perfect early Christmas present - a free wedding dress.
The elf announced via Facebook on Friday that the first customer to visit the store on Saturday at 9.30am would win a size 12 Benjamin Roberts wedding gown. The lucky winner was Kirby Walsh who queued up from 7am on Saturday.
Mother and daughter Melanie and Kirsty Fletcher, who run La Belle Angele Bridalwear, came up with the idea for all the elf antics. Kirsty said: 'It's given us lots of fun throughout December and now one lucky bride had got her dress for next year.'
You may also want to watch:
La Belle Angele Bridalwear will close for Christmas on Wednesday.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 4 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 5 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 6 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 7 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 8 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 9 Music-lovers' pub could be demolished for 23 flats
- 10 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success