Festive church production sees thousands in attendance
- Credit: Courtesy of SOUL Church
Some 5,400 people attended a free festive production in a Norwich church this week.
Soul Church, on Mason Road, welcomed the public to a festive production which included Christmas songs, Disney characters and numerous talented performers, appealing to children of all ages.
Due to popularity, the church's 600-seat auditorium sold out, leaving several viewers having to watch on big screens in the 'overflow' area of the church. The production was also broadcasted online.
Pastor Jon Norman said: 'The Wonder is our gift back to the people of Norwich.
'The possibility of hosting The Wonder over two weekends next year to ensure that, as the event continues to grow, everyone has a chance to be a part of the magic.'
You may also want to watch:
More than 400 volunteers took part in the project, both on stage, behind the scenes, serving coffee and in the car parks.
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 4 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 5 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 6 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 7 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 8 Former pubs, schools and leisure centres among arson-hit sites
- 9 Why teacher was right to report Confederate flag to police
- 10 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies