Festive church production sees thousands in attendance
- Credit: Courtesy of SOUL Church
Some 5,400 people attended a free festive production in a Norwich church this week.
Soul Church, on Mason Road, welcomed the public to a festive production which included Christmas songs, Disney characters and numerous talented performers, appealing to children of all ages.
Due to popularity, the church's 600-seat auditorium sold out, leaving several viewers having to watch on big screens in the 'overflow' area of the church. The production was also broadcasted online.
Pastor Jon Norman said: 'The Wonder is our gift back to the people of Norwich.
'The possibility of hosting The Wonder over two weekends next year to ensure that, as the event continues to grow, everyone has a chance to be a part of the magic.'
You may also want to watch:
More than 400 volunteers took part in the project, both on stage, behind the scenes, serving coffee and in the car parks.
- 1 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 2 What was ‘strange stretched circle’ spotted over Norfolk skies?
- 3 Plea for help to trace missing heavily pregnant woman
- 4 More than 50 pupils sent home after student tests positive
- 5 Four men caught at £2m Norfolk cannabis factory
- 6 Whale washes up off Norfolk coast
- 7 MPs call for Norfolk to be in own coronavirus tier
- 8 Encouraging signs as Covid infection rates plummet in parts of Norfolk
- 9 Welcome to our new website
- 10 PE teacher banned after getting drunk and showing her breasts at school prom