Fenland adult shop on A47 in Guyhirn which saw councillor resign has closed
Controversial former Little Chef on major route from Norfolk to Cambridgeshire could revert back to restaurant.
An adult shop in the Fens that caused the resignation of a councillor when it was given planning approval has closed.
Maxey and Grounds of Wisbech are advertising the two storey former Little Chef restaurant at Guyhirn for use as a shop or possible conversion back to a restaurant. It had been trading as Kiss Kiss Lingerie - an adult only store.
Grounds and Maxey partner John Maxey said his firm had been instructed by the owner Tony Ibrahim to find a tenant.
The 240sqm unit is being offered on a negotiable lease for �15,000 a year.
You may also want to watch:
Four years ago district councillor Phil Wait resigned his seat on Fenland District Council following planning approval.
Robert Scrimshaw, a local farmer, won the seat in a by election, arguing at the time that it was not for councils to make moral judgements.
- 1 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 2 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 3 This charming village pub is worth travelling to from across Norfolk
- 4 Hundreds of volunteers search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 5 Weather warning for thunderstorms this week after Monday heat
- 6 Broads pub with 'bags of potential' for sale for £375,000
- 7 Family's distress as Covid rules force double-jabbed mother into isolation
- 8 Woman airlifted to hospital following equestrian accident in Beccles
- 9 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 10 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
'They can only act within the law,' he said at the time. 'I can fully appreciate the concerns local residents have about the Guyhirn adult shop but I also realise in today's economic climate encouragement should be given to a new business venture in a building which had been unoccupied for some time and was beginning to look quite shabby.'
Mr Ibrahim could not be contacted for comment.