Female rugby star Sarah Hunter welcomed to Thetford club’s tag rugby tournament
- Credit: Archant
One of England's top female rugby players joined a town club's tag rugby tournament to show the lads how it's done.
Thetford Rugby Club welcomed female rugby union player Sarah Hunter, holder of 61 international caps for England, to their Ruck and Roll event, which also saw the club celebrate its achievement of RFU Accreditation.
The Spirit of Rugby tag rugby tournament, held at Thetford Rugby Club's grounds at Two Mile Bottom on July 23 and 24, involved around 80 players with entertainment for participants and their families.
The weekend also saw chairman of Thetford Rugby Club Gary Lee accept a plaque to acknowledge the club's attainment of RFU Accreditation from the sport's governing body.
He was accompanied by special guest Ms Hunter and Huw Davies, president of Eastern Counties Rugby Union.
You may also want to watch:
To gain the accreditation, clubs must demonstrate good practice in areas such as club management, player development and recruitment, child protection, sports equity, coaching, refereeing and volunteering.
Sam Carpenter, RFU rugby development officer for Norfolk said: 'Thetford is a club aiming to become stronger. The future is looking good for rugby in this area of Norfolk.'
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 3 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 4 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 5 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 6 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 7 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 8 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
- 9 Firefighters ripping out thatch to stop house fire spreading
- 10 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m