Felmingham Stores set to re-open following chip pan fire
A village shop is set to re-open this week after a fire broke out there earlier this month 'badly' damaging the owners business and home.
Damian Coughtrey and his wife Carol have been running Felmingham Stores, on North Walsham Road, for just over a year and said they were 'devastated' when a chip pan caught on fire.
Mr Coughtrey said: 'It badly damaged the house and the shop but we would like to thank the people in the village who helped us clean, paint, decorate and brought us food.
'We are grateful to the villagers who have been really helpful.'
Mr Coughtrey also paid thanks to Felmingham resident Shane Toll, who rang for a fire crew and also attempted to rescue a dog from the building.
You may also want to watch:
'Shane attempted to rescue one of the dogs but we had to get the fire crew out to get to the dog as the building was too full of smoke,' Mr Coughtry explained.
'But he helped us by ringing for the firefighters - he was the first on scene.'
- 1 People queue at Norwich Primark an hour before 7am reopening
- 2 'We haven't slept': Primark shoppers queue outside city store from 3am
- 3 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 4 Couple sell 'amazing' converted water mill after two-year renovation
- 5 Hospital's walk-in vaccine clinic suspended after poor attendance
- 6 Streets of Norwich packed as lockdown rules ease
- 7 Lanes closed after lorry hits A47 central reservation
- 8 Eight pints pulled in first three minutes as pub's 'happy hour' returns
- 9 Boss says sorry for fake worker's 'vile' comments about Prince Philip
- 10 Landmark seaside hotel serves 100 by midday as lockdown eases
No one was injured during the fire which happened on Friday, September 7, and both dogs are also doing well.
The shop re-opens on Friday at 6.15am.