Fayre provides fun and chance for community groups to shine
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of people attended the third annual Weeting Village Fayre, which event organisers have called the best one yet.
Held at the village hall, the fayre helps to bring attention to groups and organisations in the community and helps them to raise money.
Groups including the Weeting All Star Performers (WASP), village hall committee and Weeting Arts For Pleasure attended and had stalls with information and activities including tombolas.
Visitors were able to enjoy live music from local bands and the Breckland Brass Band.
In addition to traditional fayre games, bouncy castles and refreshments.
You may also want to watch:
Clodagh Drewry said: 'It has been a great success and I would say it is the best one yet. The fayre is held to raise funds to put back into the village.
'I became a parish councillor and I was asked if I could do something for the village and this is what prompted me to do this.'
- 1 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 2 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults
- 3 Indian restaurant in Norfolk nominated for two national awards
- 4 Electric vehicle owners could have to pay £50 to run cables to cars
- 5 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer
- 6 Britain's poshest train returning to Norwich for Christmas lunch
- 7 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 8 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 9 Could you offer one of these rescue animals a forever home?
- 10 Norwich bridal shop named among best in UK