Father-of-three takes new role as rector of six south Norfolk churches
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A young father-of-three has been installed as the new rector of six south Norfolk churches.
The Rev Christopher Hutton was inducted at St Mary's Church in Ditchingham on Tuesday as rector of the Earsham Benefice of Alburgh, Denton, Earsham, Ditchingham, Hedenham and Broome.
This is Mr Hutton's first post since he completed his curacy at St Mary's Southgate in Crawley and is in an area dear to his heart.
Born in Mattishall, near Dereham, he spent his childhood in and around Norfolk until he went to Sussex University to study natural sciences.
He said: 'During university I felt the calling to become a church leader and I explored that by going to work as a children's and youth worker at Bishop Hannington Church in Hove.
You may also want to watch:
'I then completed my curacy. I had just completed my third year and I knew I had to find somewhere to go, so I started to look around.
'Having come from this area originally and my wife having family in Essex and in Suffolk, we contacted the bishop to see what was available here.
- 1 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 2 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 3 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 4 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 5 'People didn't know I existed' - Shopkeeper thrilled with new store
- 6 Scams in Norfolk this week: Hermes texts and electricity boxes
- 7 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 8 Volunteer hit with £100 parking fee while collecting food for needy
- 9 Shoppers queue for revamped garden centre reopening
- 10 Norfolk-based Rick Wakeman 'stunned and proud' after being made a CBE
'I know Earsham a little, although I know Norwich and north Norfolk better, but I had been told how lovely it was.
'So far people have been really welcoming.
'I would really like all six churches to continue to be alight in the different communities, for all ages.'
Mr Hutton's other full time job is being a father to Rosie, six, Flossie, three and Teddy, one, who are all settling into life at the rectory in Earsham, alongside wife Caroline. In their spare time the family love to run and sail a dingy they have moored in Essex.
Have you started a new job in your community? Email firstname.lastname@example.org