Father-of-three died after collapsing while out jogging near Dereham
An inquest has been opened into the death of a man who died after collapsing while out jogging.
Robert John Betts was rushed to Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital after going into cardiac arrest on February 5.
The IT manager, who was born in Norwich, later died at the hospital and his inquest was opened yesterday at King's Lynn County Court.
Adjourning the inquest, Norfolk coroner William Armstrong said he 39-year-old enjoyed running and had completed a marathon.
He added further examinations are being carried out because the cause of death has not been established but he added there were no suspicious circumstances.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Betts, who lived in Bintree, near Dereham, leaves behind wife Kim and three children. The father-of-three is also survived by mum Pat and brother Andrew.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
- 5 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 6 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 7 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 8 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 9 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 10 Gay and trans people targeted in hate incident at school