Father-of-three died after collapsing while out jogging near Dereham
An inquest has been opened into the death of a man who died after collapsing while out jogging.
Robert John Betts was rushed to Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital after going into cardiac arrest on February 5.
The IT manager, who was born in Norwich, later died at the hospital and his inquest was opened yesterday at King's Lynn County Court.
Adjourning the inquest, Norfolk coroner William Armstrong said he 39-year-old enjoyed running and had completed a marathon.
He added further examinations are being carried out because the cause of death has not been established but he added there were no suspicious circumstances.
Mr Betts, who lived in Bintree, near Dereham, leaves behind wife Kim and three children. The father-of-three is also survived by mum Pat and brother Andrew.
- 1 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 2 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 3 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
- 4 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 5 Wrestler sheds five stone in one last bid to chase his American dream
- 6 Queen flown by helicopter to Sandringham Estate
- 7 Fire destroys roof of Norwich home
- 8 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 9 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 10 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field