Farm barn catches fire in Catfield
Firefighters put out a blaze inside a village farm storage barn.
The fire on New Road, Catfield, broke out just before 3pm this afternoon.
A Norfolk Fire Service control room operator said the incident happened at Staithe Farm and the building affected was nine metres by 15 metres.
She said it was storing wood and straw.
Crews from Stalham and Martham were called and the water carrier from Fakenham was also used to put out the flames.
You may also want to watch:
The owner of Staithe Farm alerted the firefighters and no other emergency services attended the incident.
Most of the crews had left the scene by 6pm, according to the control room operator.
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 4 Secluded Broads farmhouse in almost 11 acres goes up for sale
- 5 'Like a horror film' - Friends left terrified after being followed in woods
- 6 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 7 Owner of popular bakery rushed into intensive care 120 miles from home
- 8 Plans for seven new supermarkets in Norfolk - but where will they be?
- 9 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 10 Police called after elderly, sick seal attacked with stones