Farm barn catches fire in Catfield
Firefighters put out a blaze inside a village farm storage barn.
The fire on New Road, Catfield, broke out just before 3pm this afternoon.
A Norfolk Fire Service control room operator said the incident happened at Staithe Farm and the building affected was nine metres by 15 metres.
She said it was storing wood and straw.
Crews from Stalham and Martham were called and the water carrier from Fakenham was also used to put out the flames.
You may also want to watch:
The owner of Staithe Farm alerted the firefighters and no other emergency services attended the incident.
Most of the crews had left the scene by 6pm, according to the control room operator.
- 1 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 2 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 3 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 4 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 5 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 6 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
- 7 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 8 Out on the beat - we join police Covid patrol on the seafront
- 9 Jack-knifed lorry shuts busy Norfolk road as police issue ice warning
- 10 A life in agony: 27-year-old's daily torture battling constant pain