‘This is actually happening’ - City fans celebrate as Bristol victory brings promotion in sight
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Buoyant City fans are feeling optimistic for the club's future after a victory against Bristol gave them a 'huge three points'.
City won the home clash against Bristol 3-2 on Saturday afternoon, thanks to a goal in the 66th minute from McLean.
And with the end of the season now in sight, the victory has made promotion a realistic prospect for some fans.
Celebrations began instantly on social media, with relief at such a significant win clear.
On Twitter, Jamie Plummer said: 'WHAT A RESULT THAT IS!! Behind twice, and we've won it against a team who haven't lost in 13. To go 3-2 up and then not concede is impressive (for us) as well. BUZZING. Draw later please Sheff U and WBA, thanks. #NCFC'
You may also want to watch:
Andrew Pegg said: '#canarycall Huge win. Potentially a season defining result? #ncfc #OTBC'
Jonathan Parker said: 'Fantastic win today as Bristol City have been in great form lately. 12 games to go! #ncfc'
- 1 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 2 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 3 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 4 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 5 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 6 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 7 Couple in 80s given hospital treatment after alleged assault in village
- 8 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 9 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 10 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
Isaac, tweeting under handle @unclefuzz, simply described the result as 'massive'.
Jonny Williams said: 'Get in. This is actually happening.. What a performance #NCFC'
And Antony Copland said: 'MASSIVE WIN AND MASSIVE THREE POINTS FOR NORWICH!! #NCFC'
One person described the win as 'truly magical', while another said it was a great game and a 'big win'.
Sam Lincoln said: 'Not at our best today but ground out the 3 points, there the games that are gonna get us promoted.'
City next face Millwall away on Saturday, March 2.
Matt Lewis described the win as 'meteoric', and said 'I love this team. Love the game'.
Saturday's result - which broke a winning streak of 13 league games for Bristol - has kept Norwich at the top of the table, with 66 points, followed by Leeds United on 64.
The city's lord mayor, Martin Schmierer, said it had been a 'pretty poor half', with an 'amazing comeback' from the club in the second half.
He praised Hernandez and Aarons, saying they were his picks for man of the match.