Fancy dress runners complete challenging Boxing Day run at Felthorpe
- Credit: Archant
Captain America, Miss Piggy and a tribe of Red Indians have been burning off their Christmas Day excesses by tackling an all action Boxing Day run through woods and water today.
The annual Boxing Day Hare and Hounds Cross Country Run has become something of a fixture over the past 12 years with athletes from across the county descending on the village of Felthorpe, near Taverham to take part in the rough, tough cross country challenge.
Many of the 90 or so runners participating in the event donned fancy dress to complete the run which is aimed at giving people the chance to have an all important 'blow out' after Christmas.
Organiser Neil Featherby, who owns Taverham-based Sport Link, said he was delighted so many runners - and spectators - had supported this year's run.
He said: 'It's a brilliant turnout. The car park is full and there's been a good turnout from the village this year as well.
You may also want to watch:
'It's great. You can see the effort people go to with fancy dress. It's not a race - we have medals - but the most sought after award is the one for best fancy dress.
'It's a blow out in mid Christmas. It's fun - you can see the smiles on people's faces.'
- 1 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 2 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 3 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 4 Child taken to hospital after being pulled from the sea
- 5 Thieves swam across river to steal paddleboards from new firm
- 6 Murdered Norfolk mum's bravery has helped family through their darkest days
- 7 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 8 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 9 In pictures: England fans enjoy Euro 2020 win at Norwich fan park
- 10 'Be responsible' - coastguard issues warning after seven-year-old is rescued from sea
For full story see tomorrow's paper.