Family pay tribute to 10-year-old who died following collision with lorry
- Credit: Archant
The family of a 10-year-old boy who died following a collision with a lorry have paid tribute to a keen swimmer who 'loved being in the water'.
Kastytis Dambrauskas had been riding his bike on his way to school when the incident happened on Weasenham Lane, Wisbech, at about 8.30am on Monday, July 16.
His family said: 'Words cannot express the devastation we are feeling following the loss of Kastytis.
'He was a very much loved son, brother, nephew and grandson. He will be sorely missed by all.
'He was a keen swimmer and loved being in the water. If he wasn't swimming he was listening to music.'
You may also want to watch:
They added: 'We are incredibly grateful for the help and support we have received as a family but we would now like to ask that we are left alone at this tough time to grieve in private.'
On social media hundreds offered condolences and tributes to Kastytis' family.
- 1 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 2 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 3 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 4 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 6 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 7 ATM containing thousands of pounds stolen from petrol station
- 8 Patient has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 9 Former factory site to become a new church
- 10 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it