Family-of-four left with no heating after fuel delivery delays
- Credit: Andrea Bell
A family-of-four were left with no heating in their home after numerous delays with fuel delivery.
Andrea Bell, 44, and her husband Andrew, 30, live in a farm house in Saxthorpe and rely on oil to be able to heat their home.
They had ordered and paid for oil from suppliers Boiler Juice on February 7, but delayed the delivery until Wednesday, February 21 as it was the cheapest option.
Mrs Bell explained: 'We opted for the deal to wait a week or two to get it lumped in with a local order to get it cheaper.
'It wasn't urgent at the time as we still had some oil.'
You may also want to watch:
But the delivery did not arrive by February 21 which worried Mrs Bell as they had started to run out of fuel.
She contacted Boiler Juice, who had apologised and advised Mrs Bell to call Watson Fuel, in Wisbech, directly as the oil was to be delivered from there to her house in Post Office Lane.
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 3 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 4 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 5 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 6 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 7 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 8 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 9 Woman who got stuck in marshes rescued by coastguards
- 10 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
She said Watson Fuel had failed to make deliveries on two more occasions after that, and by Saturday, February 24, Mrs Bell had run out of oil in her home.
With no heating or hot water, the family had to use an electric heater in order to stay warm. Mrs Bell's two children, aged 12 and 15, had stayed with other family.
Mrs Bell, who runs a charity in Aylsham, and Mr Bell, a tree surgeon, have had to take the day off work today due to the heavy snow.
Speaking on Wednesday morning, she said: 'It is freezing, we are snowed in with just an electric heater. We have no hot water so we can't do the washing up or even shower.
But the oil delivery had finally arrived in the afternoon, which Mrs Bell had initially thought was impossible as her home is located on a narrow lane.
She said: 'After six days of good weather, they have finally arrived this afternoon on the snowiest day in 6 years!
'We will be glad to have the children back and enjoy the snow with the option of warming up and having a shower with hot water at the end.'
Watson Fuel have been contacted for comment.