Fallen tree blocks one lane of A146
- Credit: Archant
A fallen tree has caused disruption for motorists this afternoon as the region braces itself for Storm Erik.
Suffolk Police were called shortly after 2.35pm this afternoon (February 8) to a report of a fallen tree on the A146.
The tree is blocking one lane of the road near Worlingham, affecting traffic heading southbound towards Lowestoft, roughly one mile from the level crossing.
Storm Erik is set to batter the UK today with powerful gusts expected to reach 70mph along the coast and inland gusts of 50mph.
It is expected to hit the area this afternoon, with high winds expected to continue over the weekend.
You may also want to watch:
The road reopened at 3.15pm.
- 1 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 3 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 4 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 5 ATM containing thousands of pounds stolen from petrol station
- 6 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
- 7 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 8 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 9 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 10 Former factory site to become a new church