Fakenham woman brings home bronze medal for Team GB
- Credit: Archant
A woman from Fakenham has represented Great Britain at the European softball championships - where they won a bronze medal.
Amie Hutchison, 19, from Fakenham, represented the UK at the championships in Italy.
Ms Hutchison plays 'fastpitch' softball, the most competitive form of the sport.
Team GB finished top of their pool. The championship took place on June 25, in Bollante, Italy.
Britain progressed to the bronze medal game against the Czech Republic, who they beat 4-1, to secure a place in the World Championships in Tokyo in 2018.
Miss Hutchison will return to college in Florida in August to continue preparing for the World Championships in Tokyo next year.
She said she would like to thank everyone who has helped her: 'for their generous support, without which it wouldn't have been possible to represent my country'.
- 1 Mum describes heartache year on from daughter's tragic death
- 2 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 3 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 4 Police on hand as anti-vaccine protesters gather in city
- 5 Eight dogs up for adoption at a Norfolk rehoming centre
- 6 Investigations continue after woman on mobility scooter assaults man
- 7 East Norfolk road closed with firefighters at the scene
- 8 The most beautiful places to live in Norfolk - according to estate agents
- 9 Hope for WASPI women as MPs back compensation call
- 10 Banksy work removed and put in museum due to local sensitivity