Fakenham family to release festive single and aim to be Christmas No 1
- Credit: Archant
As Christmas approaches, the race to find out who will be at the top of the charts is a big part of the festive fun.
But for one family from Fakenham, this year will be even more special, as they prepare to release their very own Christmas single.
Ben, 17, Paige, 15, Piper, 15, Hannah, 12, and Eddie, 12, are also known as Unity Band.
And together with parents Kevin and Deborah Alexander, both 48, they are releasing a track in time for Christmas, in aid of EACH Nook appeal.
The song, titled Merry Merry Christmas, is released on December 1, with all profits going to the charity.
You may also want to watch:
Tal Williams, community fundraiser for the EACH Nook appeal, said: 'We really appreciate the efforts of Ben, Paige, Piper, Hannah and Eddie in creating this lovely Christmas song.
'All money we receive from sales will go to the Nook appeal, our £10 million campaign to build a new hospice for children with life-threatening conditions and their families across Norfolk.'
- 1 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 2 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 3 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 4 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 5 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 6 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 7 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 8 BBC Springwatch films at Norfolk nature haven - with beavers
- 9 'Vulnerable' Norfolk man missing from home
- 10 A47 tailbacks as roadworks move west near Norwich
Ahead of the song's release, Kevin Alexander said: 'In just 22 days, this will all be over. It's a crazy journey, with odds that no one would take on. A band of five children, aged 12-17, with an original song for Christmas are raising money for charity. If we reach number 1 we will have sold more than Ed Sheeran, George Michael and the X-Factor winner.
'But we are going for it. Please join us in our journey over these next 22 days. Support our charity in any way you can. And please buy the song.'
Merry Merry Christmas is available to download from Unity Band's website from December 1.