Fakenham Dairy Crest depot to close
The Dairy Crest depot in Fakenham will be shutting at the end of this month.
A spokesman for the milk company said: 'We can confirm that from July 28, we will no longer trade from our depot in George Edwards Road, Fakenham. The business currently operating from George Edwards Road will move to other depots in Earlham and Wisbech, where we will be able to offer an improved service to our existing customers.
'Regrettably, this closure may result in a small number of redundancies, however every effort will be made to secure alternative employment at the other local depots.
'We will be entering into immediate consultation with our affected employees and their representatives and will provide a high level of support throughout this change.'
The number of redundancies has not been confirmed but the spokesman added that it would probably be a 'small number of administrative staff' who would be affected, not milk delivery staff.
You may also want to watch:
She said Dairy Crest customers would not be affected and their milk deliveries would continue.
The consultation period is 30 days and the closure will take place so the process can be 'steamlined' at the two larger and newer depots in Wisbech and Earlham.
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 6 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 7 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 8 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 9 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 10 Man charged with attempted murder after serious Norwich assault