Pub recruits chef who worked with Jamie Oliver ahead of re-opening
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2020
A chef who previously worked alongside Jamie Oliver has been recruited by a Norfolk pub to revamp its menu.
Ahead of the re-opening of its restaurant on December 10, The Crown in Fakenham has appointed a new chef, Sebastian Harris, who has created a new locally-sourced menu.
Mr Harris has returned to Fakenham after 16 years of working in London for a number of chefs, including Marco Pierre White and Jamie Oliver.
Alie Hannam, landlady at The Crown, said: “I feel really positive about the new menu. I want people to come and try it.
“People have been stuck indoors and want to come out and I want to offer people good locally sourced food."
You may also want to watch:
The pub which currently runs an Italian restaurant has shifted to a more ‘gastropub’ feel. It has also been redecorated with new lighting and images of Fakenham’s past on the wall.
The pub has adapted to the changing landscape caused by the pandemic, making changes to their opening times, running a sit-down disco, and running a substantial meal promotion to get people back in the pub safely.
- 1 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 2 Man who felt lonely caught drink-driving, court hears
- 3 IN PICTURES: The businesses still going strong in lockdown
- 4 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 5 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 6 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 7 Floral tributes left to driver killed in A148 crash
- 8 Jailed in Norfolk: Burglars, domestic abuse and threats to kill
- 9 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 10 Driver escapes serious injury after 4x4 flips onto roof