Fakenham Area Business Community to fold unless new management team established
- Credit: Matthew Usher
An organisation which works to promote local business in Fakenham and the surrounding area will fold next month unless new volunteers come forward to run it.
FABCOM (Fakenham Area Business Community) was established in 2012 by photographer Keith Osborn and website designer Steve Hall to promote businesses in Fakenham and within a 12-mile radius of the town through a range of festivals and events.
It encourages businesses and residents to do business locally and facilitates informal and friendly business networking.
Mr Hall and Mr Osborn have appealed to traders to take on the running of FABCOM.
In a statement on the FABCOM website, Mr Hall said: 'After nearly five years, Keith and I have both decided to stand down as directors of this not-for-profit company.
You may also want to watch:
'Now's the time for one or more individuals to take our place and run things – perhaps in a new way.
'If you think this organisation is worth soldiering on with, you need to raise your head above the parapet before we pull up the drawbridge.'
- 1 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 2 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 3 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 4 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 5 Road through village closed by floodwater
- 6 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 7 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 8 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 9 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 10 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
If a new management team is not established by the end of March, Fakenham Area Business Community Ltd will be dissolved.
Anyone interested in finding out more about running FABCOM can e mail email@example.com or go to the website www.fabcom.co.uk