Fakenham Area Business Community to fold unless new management team established
- Credit: Matthew Usher
An organisation which works to promote local business in Fakenham and the surrounding area will fold next month unless new volunteers come forward to run it.
FABCOM (Fakenham Area Business Community) was established in 2012 by photographer Keith Osborn and website designer Steve Hall to promote businesses in Fakenham and within a 12-mile radius of the town through a range of festivals and events.
It encourages businesses and residents to do business locally and facilitates informal and friendly business networking.
Mr Hall and Mr Osborn have appealed to traders to take on the running of FABCOM.
In a statement on the FABCOM website, Mr Hall said: 'After nearly five years, Keith and I have both decided to stand down as directors of this not-for-profit company.
You may also want to watch:
'Now's the time for one or more individuals to take our place and run things – perhaps in a new way.
'If you think this organisation is worth soldiering on with, you need to raise your head above the parapet before we pull up the drawbridge.'
- 1 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 2 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 3 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 4 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 5 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 6 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 7 Three cars crash and two end up in ditches on rural road
- 8 Jailed this week: Primark brawl, attempted murder and abuse
- 9 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
If a new management team is not established by the end of March, Fakenham Area Business Community Ltd will be dissolved.
Anyone interested in finding out more about running FABCOM can e mail firstname.lastname@example.org or go to the website www.fabcom.co.uk