F-15s move from Lakenheath to Mildenhall as repairs carried out
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2012
RAF Lakenheath's fleet of F-15s will be moving to RAF Mildenhall temporarily while runway repairs are carried out at their home base.
Around 12 of the fighter jets will move to the base's near neighbour for at least two and a half weeks from September 13.
Pilots will be scheduled to fly on weekdays between 8am and midday during that time.
Normal quiet hours for RAF Mildenhall will apply to the F-15s, meaning there will be no flights between 11pm and 6am and between 6pm and 6am over the weekend.
Squadron Leader Richard Fryer, RAF Mildenhall, said: 'We have taken proactive steps here to mitigate the noise footprint on surrounding communities.
You may also want to watch:
'A minimal number of missions will be flown to reduce noise and no overhead patterns will be flown unless they are absolutely essential, but limited flying operations will continue so crews can maintain essential training requirements.'
RAF Lakenheath's runway will be closed until October 1. Helicopters will continue missions from the base and have not relocated.
- 1 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 2 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 3 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 4 'People didn't know I existed' - Shopkeeper thrilled with new store
- 5 Scams in Norfolk this week: Hermes texts and electricity boxes
- 6 Norfolk-based Rick Wakeman 'stunned and proud' after being made a CBE
- 7 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 8 Ask the Expert: How much income will my £350,000 pension generate?
- 9 Volunteer hit with £100 parking fee while collecting food for needy
- 10 Police reopen road following earlier crash