Eye-opening workshop at Centre 81 in Great Yarmouth raises awareness of barriers faced by people with disabilities
- Credit: TMS Media
Students and police officers have been given an insight into the challenges faced by people with disabilities at a special workship.
More then 40 people attended a disability awareness session hosted by Great Yarmouth-based charity Centre 81, which provides skills and activities to people with different disabilities.
Centre members shared their own experiences of living with disabilities, and how they had changed and restricted their lives.
They also gave pointers on how people can assist them in their day-to-day lives.
Diana Staines, chief executive of Centre 81, said: 'These workshops put people in touch with the real barriers that are faced by people with disabilities and enable those who did not have contact with these people to look at the world with different eyes.'
You may also want to watch:
'The workshop received positive feedback from those in attendance, with one person saying it was 'a real eye-opener.'
- 1 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 2 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 3 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 4 Do you recognise this man?
- 5 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 6 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 7 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 8 Shed set alight, 16 broken into and pumpkins destroyed at allotments
- 9 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage
- 10 Norfolk beach ranked among world's top tourist attractions