Expansion plans for Diss community farm
An increasingly popular Norfolk community farm is planning to expand its existing site and to develop new land.
The Diss community farm is growing its current base at Church Farm in Winfarthing and planning to add an extra 3.6 acres at Friends Field, off Snow Street in nearby Roydon.
Two poly tunnels have been erected at Winfarthing to enable a wider variety of produce to be grown and the land will be extended into a larger plot to grow vegetables and keep livestock.
Representatives from the farm will be giving a presentation about the farm and the future plans on April 15 in the church hall at St Mary's, in Diss, and visitors will have the chance to ask questions and chat over refreshments.
The farm's chairman, Angela Lamb, said at present the work on the farm was very labour intensive as a number of people were needed to do hand weeding and maintain the site.
You may also want to watch:
However, she added, if the farm could expand and grow its membership, life would become much easier.
If you are interested in being part of Diss Community Farm then contact membership secretary Sue Pitt at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 2 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 3 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 4 Norwich shop worker beaten with hammer in row over phone refund
- 5 Garden centre launches outdoor eating with wood-fired pizza and waffles
- 6 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 7 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 8 MPs join the call to suspend gallbladder surgeon
- 9 Hollywood actors use Norwich hair salon
- 10 Teen in serious condition after bank holiday crash
Alternatively, find out more by visiting www.disscommunityfarm.wordpress.com