Exhibition at Norwich Cathedral inspired by the Christian cross
Norwich Cathedral’s Hostry is to host an exhibition focussing in the Christian cross.
‘The Cross’ - Designs and Reflections Exhibition will take place from April 20 until May 29.
The exhibition will be based on personal responses to the cross through designs, concept drawings, digital prints, wood and stone carvings, pottery, jewellery, paintings and drawings.
There will also be talks and seminars by members of commission4mission, an organistion which was formed to help revive and encourage the practice of commissioning and placing works of contemporary art in churches and other public places.
The exhibition will run from April 20 until May 29 and admission will be free.
It will be open Mondays to Saturdays from 9.30am until 4.30pm and on Sundays from 10am until 3pm.
For more information about this and other events at Norwich Cathedral, visit www.cathedral.org.uk
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 Air ambulance called after three people seriously injured in A47 crash
- 3 Should cars be banned from Norwich's steepest hill?
- 4 Seven Sprowston neighbours scoop £30,000 lottery win
- 5 Asteroid bigger than any building on Earth to be visible in Norfolk skies
- 6 Car boot sale to return after five years with up to 200 pitches
- 7 Pub landlord threatened to kill man he chased through streets with axe
- 8 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000
- 9 'Man with a van' fined for dumping waste in village
- 10 Meet the man behind a morbid new craze