Exhibition at Norwich Cathedral inspired by the Christian cross
Norwich Cathedral’s Hostry is to host an exhibition focussing in the Christian cross.
‘The Cross’ - Designs and Reflections Exhibition will take place from April 20 until May 29.
The exhibition will be based on personal responses to the cross through designs, concept drawings, digital prints, wood and stone carvings, pottery, jewellery, paintings and drawings.
There will also be talks and seminars by members of commission4mission, an organistion which was formed to help revive and encourage the practice of commissioning and placing works of contemporary art in churches and other public places.
The exhibition will run from April 20 until May 29 and admission will be free.
You may also want to watch:
It will be open Mondays to Saturdays from 9.30am until 4.30pm and on Sundays from 10am until 3pm.
For more information about this and other events at Norwich Cathedral, visit www.cathedral.org.uk
- 1 Hollywood actors use Norwich hair salon
- 2 A47 reopening after HGV overturns in crash with car
- 3 Trees down and power cuts as winds batter Norfolk
- 4 Tributes to 'brilliant man' devoted to helping Norwich homeless
- 5 Man dies after being found unresponsive in car at retail park
- 6 Red kite battles with peregrine falcon above Norwich Cathedral
- 7 Flying Scotsman visit to Mid Norfolk Railway confirmed
- 8 Cyclist fights for life after crash with car
- 9 Power cuts affect hundreds of homes as high winds hit Norfolk
- 10 Popular railway will 'cease to exist' as soon as this year