Ex-Boyzone’s Keith Duffy presents NorseCare with two top national awards
- Credit: Archant
A Norfolk care provider and some of its staff have taken top honours in a national awards scheme.
NorseCare, which is owned by Norfolk County Council, and its team at Lloyd Court Housing with Care scheme in High Kelling, near Holt, won Care Home Group of the year and Care Team of the year at the Caring Times 18th National Care Awards.
They received their awards from former Boyzone band member Keith Duffy at a ceremony in London attended by more than 700 representatives.
Judges were impressed by NorseCare's person-centred approach, the homeliness of its homes, the range of activities offered and the promotion of well-being and social interaction.
Lloyd Court was praised for the staff's enthusiasm, helping tenants to live independently, and their compassion in caring for people at the end of their lives.
You may also want to watch:
Karen Knight, NorseCare's managing director, said after the ceremony: 'This is an amazing achievement for us. I am so pleased for all our teams around our homes and schemes in Norfolk, recognising the fantastic care that they deliver. And for the team at Lloyd Court to be rewarded as the best Care Team in the country is terrific; they constantly receive compliments and praise for the care they provide from the tenants and families, so for this to be acknowledged at a national level is very special.'
- 1 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 5 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 6 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 7 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 8 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 9 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 10 Two men charged with murder of 23-year-old