‘Everybody is welcome’ at new drama group in Lowestoft
- Credit: Archant
A drama group celebrating staging its first show is appealing for new members.
The Broad-Way Players, run by brother and sister David and Sarah Meers, performed at The Seagull Theatre in Pakefield this month.
And following the success of 'Once Upon A Musical', the group is preparing for 'The Whole World's A Musical' next year, with other projects in the pipeline this autumn.
Mr Meers, who works at Hoseasons, said his employer helped when the group was founded by allowing the members to rehearse in their office space.
There are 15 full time members it is hoped new recruits will help the group grow.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Meers said: 'We eventually want to perform bigger musical productions and we allow any member who joins us to have a say.
'Everybody is welcome if they want to be backstage, singing, dancing, doing art or whatever.'
- 1 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- 2 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 3 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 4 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 5 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 6 Shed set alight, 16 broken into and pumpkins destroyed at allotments
- 7 Do you recognise this man?
- 8 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage
- 9 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 10 'Very calculated predator' - how jailed abuser befriended pupils' families
The Broad-Way Players rehearse on Wednesdays at 7pm at Hoseasons in Raglan Road.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more.