Event to offer all a chance to learn more about their family history at Southwold Library
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Southwold Library has teamed up with genealogist Lynn Taylor to offer people help researching their family history.
The free taster session will be held on Monday, March 20 between 10am and 11am at the library.
Library manager Charlotte Clark said: 'Many people are inspired by programmes like 'Who Do You Think You Are?' to look into their own family history and lots of them use Suffolk Libraries as we offer free access to online genealogy databases Ancestry and Find My Past but many then don't know where to start or get stuck and disheartened so we wanted to offer something to help.'
The session will help those just starting their researches as well as those who have already started their research.
If enough interest is generated there will be a six week follow up Family History course run at the library in June and July.
Further information call 01502 722519.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 WATCH: Moment hero doorman tackles knifeman during Norwich triple stabbing
- 3 Norfolk car dealership and MOT centre named among best in the country
- 4 'It was horrible' - Shock as woman robbed and assaulted in broad daylight
- 5 Man who died in Old Buckenham crash named
- 6 'My life has been plagued by fly-tipping for a year - I need it to stop'
- 7 'This affects everyone' - Erosion strikes Hemsby again
- 8 Arrests after woman held hostage in home containing drugs and samurai sword
- 9 Norwich independent school named one of best in East Anglia
- 10 Hotel landlord admits threatening man with axe