Event to offer all a chance to learn more about their family history at Southwold Library
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Southwold Library has teamed up with genealogist Lynn Taylor to offer people help researching their family history.
The free taster session will be held on Monday, March 20 between 10am and 11am at the library.
Library manager Charlotte Clark said: 'Many people are inspired by programmes like 'Who Do You Think You Are?' to look into their own family history and lots of them use Suffolk Libraries as we offer free access to online genealogy databases Ancestry and Find My Past but many then don't know where to start or get stuck and disheartened so we wanted to offer something to help.'
The session will help those just starting their researches as well as those who have already started their research.
If enough interest is generated there will be a six week follow up Family History course run at the library in June and July.
You may also want to watch:
Further information call 01502 722519.
- 1 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 2 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 3 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 4 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 5 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 6 Norwich Debenhams looks doomed as Boohoo to buy brand
- 7 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 8 Up and coming Norwich musician reaches number 13 in UK charts
- 9 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 10 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened