Event marks creation of new college for Great Yarmouth and Lowestoft area
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2016
A launch event is being held this afternoon to celebrate the creation of a new college on the east coast.
The East Coast College is a result of a merger of Great Yarmouth College and Lowestoft College.
The event is being held at Great Yarmouth College and will see the college's CEO Stuart Rimmer and Mark Pendlington, from New Anglia LEP, cover what the new college will bring to the region and its plans for the future.
The invitation to the launch said: 'Come and hear about the merger of Great Yarmouth and Lowestoft Colleges and what it means for the region.
'The new college has ambitious plans to develop individual, local and regional prosperity and wellbeing that we want to share with you.'
Visit our website for updates later today.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 WATCH: Moment hero doorman tackles knifeman during Norwich triple stabbing
- 3 Passengers angry after train heading to Norwich delayed for hours
- 4 Norfolk car dealership and MOT centre named among best in the country
- 5 Covid restrictions played part in father's death, inquest told
- 6 'It was horrible' - Shock as woman robbed and assaulted in broad daylight
- 7 'My life has been plagued by fly-tipping for a year - I need it to stop'
- 8 Woman arrested after man hit with a broom in city centre
- 9 Norwich independent school named one of best in East Anglia
- 10 Arrests after woman held hostage in home containing drugs and samurai sword