Event marks creation of new college for Great Yarmouth and Lowestoft area
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2016
A launch event is being held this afternoon to celebrate the creation of a new college on the east coast.
The East Coast College is a result of a merger of Great Yarmouth College and Lowestoft College.
The event is being held at Great Yarmouth College and will see the college's CEO Stuart Rimmer and Mark Pendlington, from New Anglia LEP, cover what the new college will bring to the region and its plans for the future.
The invitation to the launch said: 'Come and hear about the merger of Great Yarmouth and Lowestoft Colleges and what it means for the region.
'The new college has ambitious plans to develop individual, local and regional prosperity and wellbeing that we want to share with you.'
You may also want to watch:
Visit our website for updates later today.
- 1 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 2 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 3 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid
- 4 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 5 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 6 Norwich Debenhams looks doomed as Boohoo to buy brand
- 7 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 8 Pretty thatched cafe on Broads up for sale for £75,000
- 9 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 10 Child groomer caught by seven paedophile hunter groups