Eurovision song contestant Simon Webbe to star at Fenland Festival
Pop star Simon Webbe is one of the artists set to shine at the first ever Fenland Festival in August, it has emerged.
Other artists also gearing up to appear at the music festival include garage duo Artful Dodger, famous for Craig David's debut song, DJ Luck and MC Neat, and girl group Fe-nix.
Event organiser Matt Broadfield said the festival will be held in March on August 27 and that he is hoping thousands of people will flock to the Fenland town for the day.
He said: 'I wanted something cool for the people to do in March and this will put the town on the map.
'I want loads people from Fenland to come but I am expecting people from all over the country to attend. There are 3,500 tickets available and people of all ages will enjoy the event.
'This year it will only be a one-day event but if it is a big success then next year I will look to have people staying for two days and camping.'
Rapper Fugative, who hit the UK charts last year with 'Crush', is also due to perform, with Roll Deep's DJ Target and MC Manga. Up and coming acts DJ Iron, Young O, Lady Like, Beauty School Drop Outs and DJ Slamdunk are also gearing up for the festival.
- 1 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 2 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 3 Norwich firm part of growing number of businesses working four day weeks
- 4 Popular teacher, 55, died after falling down stairs, inquest hears
- 5 Holiday Inn to become 'care hotel' to help struggling hospitals
- 6 Teenager died of injuries six days after crash
- 7 One of East Anglia's largest property builders is sold to investment firm
- 8 John Lewis CCTV footage leads to Norwich gun arrests
- 9 A year on: Tributes to teacher who died following tumour diagnosis
- 10 1920s bungalow up for sale in one of the Broads' most sought-after villages
Mr Broadfield confirmed he has already signed up March-based Kirby's Castles, secured a hog roast from Parson Drove, and fairground attractions to keep every family member entertained.
He said he is delighted with the festival line up, particularly Simon Webbe, who represented the United Kingdom with fellow Blue members Lee Ryan, Antony Costa and Duncan James in the Eurovision Song Contest 2011 in Germany at the weekend.
He added he is currently looking for more stall holders for the event and is offering two free tickets for friends to encourage people to sign up.
Tickets are available before the event at �20 for adults, �10 for under 14s and free for children under five. VIP tickets are also available.
To buy tickets call the box office on 01354 650001 or visit www.fenlandfestival.com.