European yoga teachers to host classes at north Norfolk retreat
- Credit: Archant
Yoga teachers from across Europe will be offering a series of classes at a peaceful north Norfolk retreat.
Practitioners trained in the tradition of Canada's Yasodhara Ashram from France, Holland and England will be attending the workshop hosted by Jane Aldiss, a senior yoga teacher with the Yoga Alliance UK, at Oulton near Aylsham from March 10-16.
Jane said: 'I am the only person teaching Yasodhara Yoga in East Anglia, and there are only around five people teaching this unique practice in the UK, as the only place in the world the training is offered is in Canada.To have this convention here in North Norfolk is exceptional.'
Classes, which are open to all, will range from Kundalini Yoga, including meditation and reflection on the chakras; to the hidden language of Hatha Yoga, a gentle, reflective approach to asanas that helps students reach a deeper understanding of familiar yoga poses. Dream Yoga will also be included, to explore personal symbolism and unlock dream messages.
The convention has been facilitated by Swami Sukhananda, a British-born senior teacher now based in Canada.
For more information visit www.yogalightness.com
- 1 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 2 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 3 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 4 Shocking footage appears to show £100m Marham jet crashing off carrier
- 5 Man charged with drink driving after crash at police station
- 6 Woman with scissors said she wanted to murder someone at supermarket
- 7 ‘This was our worst nightmare’: Locals shock after man dies in crash
- 8 Waste carrier fined £1,900 after metal and containers found in woodland
- 9 Confusion as people in Norfolk mistakenly turn up for booster jab
- 10 Plan to charge for seafront floral tributes is agreed