European yoga teachers to host classes at north Norfolk retreat
- Credit: Archant
Yoga teachers from across Europe will be offering a series of classes at a peaceful north Norfolk retreat.
Practitioners trained in the tradition of Canada's Yasodhara Ashram from France, Holland and England will be attending the workshop hosted by Jane Aldiss, a senior yoga teacher with the Yoga Alliance UK, at Oulton near Aylsham from March 10-16.
Jane said: 'I am the only person teaching Yasodhara Yoga in East Anglia, and there are only around five people teaching this unique practice in the UK, as the only place in the world the training is offered is in Canada.To have this convention here in North Norfolk is exceptional.'
Classes, which are open to all, will range from Kundalini Yoga, including meditation and reflection on the chakras; to the hidden language of Hatha Yoga, a gentle, reflective approach to asanas that helps students reach a deeper understanding of familiar yoga poses. Dream Yoga will also be included, to explore personal symbolism and unlock dream messages.
The convention has been facilitated by Swami Sukhananda, a British-born senior teacher now based in Canada.
You may also want to watch:
For more information visit www.yogalightness.com
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 5 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 6 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 7 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 8 Woman in 60s suffers serious injuries after car crashes into ditch
- 9 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
- 10 Several burst mains in town leave homes without water