European yoga teachers to host classes at north Norfolk retreat
- Credit: Archant
Yoga teachers from across Europe will be offering a series of classes at a peaceful north Norfolk retreat.
Practitioners trained in the tradition of Canada's Yasodhara Ashram from France, Holland and England will be attending the workshop hosted by Jane Aldiss, a senior yoga teacher with the Yoga Alliance UK, at Oulton near Aylsham from March 10-16.
Jane said: 'I am the only person teaching Yasodhara Yoga in East Anglia, and there are only around five people teaching this unique practice in the UK, as the only place in the world the training is offered is in Canada.To have this convention here in North Norfolk is exceptional.'
Classes, which are open to all, will range from Kundalini Yoga, including meditation and reflection on the chakras; to the hidden language of Hatha Yoga, a gentle, reflective approach to asanas that helps students reach a deeper understanding of familiar yoga poses. Dream Yoga will also be included, to explore personal symbolism and unlock dream messages.
The convention has been facilitated by Swami Sukhananda, a British-born senior teacher now based in Canada.
You may also want to watch:
For more information visit www.yogalightness.com
- 1 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 2 Boss puts Queen Anne family home up for sale for £1.325m
- 3 Norwich takeaway's food poisoning complaint investigation closed
- 4 Drivers delivering for Amazon have hundreds of pounds of pay withheld
- 5 Prince Philip memorial erected in town park just a day after his death
- 6 Peter Crouch drove to Yarmouth while on Norwich loan - and wasn't impressed
- 7 The Original Factory Shop set to open in Cromer
- 8 Suspected drink driver charged after police dog tracks down man hiding in a ditch
- 9 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
- 10 Town's hair salon set to reopen under new name and owner on April 12