Entries open for Tour de Broads cycling challenge
- Credit: Julian Claxton
Families can get on their bikes for a cycling celebration through the Broads this summer,
The Tour de Broads 2021 and its various routes will start and finish at Whitlingham Country Park in Trowse, on the edge of Norwich, on Sunday, August 22.
Participants can take part in groups of no more than six and people must remain socially distant, to comply with Covid-19 restrictions.
Groups and individuals on the day can tackle 25, 50, 75, 100 or150 mile routes which will be fully signposted and take in Norfolk's countryside.
The cycling event started eight years ago and is organised by Pedal Revolution community interest company with the aim of getting people active and moving.
It is open to anyone from novices to keen cyclists and is inspired by the Tour de France.
You may also want to watch:
People need to pre-book a place and the races will leave at staggered times to keep people safe.
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 3 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 5 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 6 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 7 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 8 Woman who bit an officer among eight people arrested in town
- 9 Norwich pub to temporarily close this summer because of 'pingdemic'
- 10 Twin Bakes sell out of treats during first pop-up sale