Entries open for the Great Yarmouth Festival of Bowls
- Credit: Archant
A seafront event thought to be the largest outdoor bowls tournament in the country is getting ready to roll in the summer.
Organised by the borough council, the Great Yarmouth Festival of Bowls is a four-week tournament and this year runs between August 27 and the September 22, with around 1,200 competitors taking part.
Organisers are reminding teams from across the country to get their entries in.
This year will be the 72nd consecutive year of the tournament.
Spaces are still available in all categories: men's and ladies singles, pairs and triples, mixed pairs and triples, over 60s singles and pairs, as well as the under 30s singles.
You may also want to watch:
The Great Yarmouth Open Triples Tournament, also organised by the borough council, runs on July 29 and July 30.
The entry deadline for both tournaments is June 1.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 3 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 5 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 6 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 7 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 8 Norfolk roadworks to be aware of this week
- 9 Top five Norfolk campsites according to Tripadvisor
- 10 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
Entry forms are available at www.great-yarmouth.co.uk/whats-on/festival-of-bowls.aspx or from Sheila King on 01493 846344.