Entries open for the Great Yarmouth Festival of Bowls
- Credit: Archant
A seafront event thought to be the largest outdoor bowls tournament in the country is getting ready to roll in the summer.
Organised by the borough council, the Great Yarmouth Festival of Bowls is a four-week tournament and this year runs between August 27 and the September 22, with around 1,200 competitors taking part.
Organisers are reminding teams from across the country to get their entries in.
This year will be the 72nd consecutive year of the tournament.
Spaces are still available in all categories: men's and ladies singles, pairs and triples, mixed pairs and triples, over 60s singles and pairs, as well as the under 30s singles.
You may also want to watch:
The Great Yarmouth Open Triples Tournament, also organised by the borough council, runs on July 29 and July 30.
The entry deadline for both tournaments is June 1.
- 1 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 2 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 3 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 4 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 5 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 6 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 7 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
- 8 Man's neck broken after being hit by 800kg load which fell off forklift
- 9 Out on the beat - we join police Covid patrol on the seafront
- 10 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
Entry forms are available at www.great-yarmouth.co.uk/whats-on/festival-of-bowls.aspx or from Sheila King on 01493 846344.