Enjoy cuddles with residents at Redwings Horse Sanctuary
- Credit: Archant
Redwings Horse Sanctuary hopes to banish holiday boredom with the return of its annual summer club offering children free and fun activities over the school break.
Its two Norfolk visitor centres, Redwings Caldecott, near Great Yarmouth, and Redwings Aylsham will be hosting a weekly event, giving children, aged seven to 11, the chance to experience the world of the sanctuary.
Summer club sessions are every Friday, from July 28 to August 11, at 11.30am.
Each 45-minute session offers hands-on activities to show how Redwings looks after the rescued animals in its care.
Among the activities on offer will be making dinner for a peckish pony, and having a go at being a mini-vet.
You may also want to watch:
Places for each session are booked on a first-come, first-served basis, and parents/guardians can sign up their children at the visitor centre on the day, or book in advance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 2 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 3 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 4 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 5 Horse dies two months after being set on fire
- 6 Norfolk receives overnight flood warnings
- 7 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 8 'It was like a river' - Flood damage forces couple to move out
- 9 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 10 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47