Enjoy cuddles with residents at Redwings Horse Sanctuary
- Credit: Archant
Redwings Horse Sanctuary hopes to banish holiday boredom with the return of its annual summer club offering children free and fun activities over the school break.
Its two Norfolk visitor centres, Redwings Caldecott, near Great Yarmouth, and Redwings Aylsham will be hosting a weekly event, giving children, aged seven to 11, the chance to experience the world of the sanctuary.
Summer club sessions are every Friday, from July 28 to August 11, at 11.30am.
Each 45-minute session offers hands-on activities to show how Redwings looks after the rescued animals in its care.
Among the activities on offer will be making dinner for a peckish pony, and having a go at being a mini-vet.
You may also want to watch:
Places for each session are booked on a first-come, first-served basis, and parents/guardians can sign up their children at the visitor centre on the day, or book in advance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 2 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 5 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 6 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 7 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 8 Woman in 60s suffers serious injuries after car crashes into ditch
- 9 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 10 Several burst mains in town leave homes without water