Energy giant to reveal plans for a new nuclear reactor in tomorrow’s EDP
EDF Energy will unveil its plans tomorrow to build a new a new nuclear power station on the Suffolk coast.
The energy giant will publish extensive proposals for Sizewell C, which is set to bring a wave jobs and opportunities for local businesses in Norfolk and Suffolk.
Last year the government earmarked Sizewell as a designated site for new nuclear build and French-owned EDF confirmed it hoped to build a new power station next to the existing Sizewell B.
EDF Energy wants to see two European Pressurised Reactors (EPRs) at Sizewell C – costing around �6billion and generating enough power to supply five million homes.
For full coverage and analysis of EDF Energy's proposals for Sizewell C, pick up a copy of tomorrow's Eastern Daily Press.
- 1 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 2 Man accidentally downloaded indecent images of children, court hears
- 3 Delays expected with A47 to close in both directions for 15 miles
- 4 Family 'increasingly concerned' about missing Beccles woman
- 5 Man had cocaine hidden in car when stopped by police
- 6 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 7 Flood alert on the Broads due to high water levels
- 8 Chef reopens historic Norwich coffee shop with roasts on the menu too
- 9 Norse chief executive quits for personal reasons
- 10 Trains cancelled after lorry crashes into bridge