Oulton Broad songwriter makes Nashville debut as part of country duo
- Credit: Archant
An Oulton Broad songwriter is making waves in the home of country music after wowing crowds in Nashville last month.
The performance for Jolie Harvey, one half of duo Emma and Jolie, comes shortly after being signed to label Triple Fret Entertainment.
The duo will now turn to the studio, working with an acclaimed producer.
Miss Harvey, 24, said: "We are a country music duo and we only started in April, but we've been signed to Triple Fret Entertainment.
"We were invited to go to Nashville to do a couple of co-writes, where you get together and write songs, and we were able to perform some of our songs too.
You may also want to watch:
"It was an amazing experience. Everyone we met over there was so nice and friendly.
"Because we were a British duo it seemed to be a bit of a niche, so it was a really good response."
- 1 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 2 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 3 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 4 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 5 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 6 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 7 Hospital opens new £625,000 cancer wellbeing and support centre
- 8 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 9 Norfolk covid levels below national average but concerns raised about variants
- 10 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
Now back in the UK, the duo, who met at music college and list their influences as Taylor Swift and Kacey Musgraves, will hit the studio with producer Johnny Douglas, who has previously worked with the likes of Tina Turner, Whitney Houston, Take That and the Spice Girls.
Miss Harvey said: "We're really excited to be working with him and we'll be in the studio later this month with him.
"The plan is to release our first single in January, so it's a really exciting time."