A47 closed following crash near Norwich
- Credit: James Bass
The central reservation on part of the A47 was damaged following a crash in Norwich.
Emergency services were called to the crash near Keswick, between the Thickthorn roundabout and A140 at just before 7.30pm last night (Sunday, March 4).
Norfolk Police said the road has been closed, King's Lynn bound, between the A140 and A11 due to the crash.
A spokesman said a single vehicle was involved in the crash although no-one was injured.
Part of the road was closed but the damage was cleared by 8.40pm.
You may also want to watch:
Fire crews from Earlham, Carrow and Sprowston attended and have assisted the police in making the scene safe.
There were a number of reports of standing water on parts of the carriageway, including in the area where the crash occurred.
- 1 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 4 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 5 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 6 Christmas craft, food and gift fair returning to Norfolk estate
- 7 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 8 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 9 Banham Zoo welcomes birth of two tiger cubs
- 10 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
A spokesman in the Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service control room said they had been requested by police to help with flooding at the Thickthorn roundabout and had sent a pump to the scene.