Fire crews tackle large barn blaze
- Credit: Danielle Booden
Eight fire crews tackled a large blaze in a barn at Burgh Castle, near Great Yarmouth.
Local people have been asked to keep doors and windows closed and avoid the area of the barn in Mill Road.
Fire crews from Norfolk and Suffolk received the call at 6.21pm on Friday.
Crews used breathing apparatus and defensive tactics as cylinders were near to the fire.
Once the cylinders were removed from the area, they began scaling down the blaze.
Flames can no longer be seen.
Police are on scene to aid with road closures, and have closed Mill Road.
- 1 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 2 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 3 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
- 4 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 5 Wrestler sheds five stone in one last bid to chase his American dream
- 6 Queen flown by helicopter to Sandringham Estate
- 7 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 8 Fire destroys roof of Norwich home
- 9 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 10 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
Appliances from Suffolk Fire and Rescue have left the scene, but those from Norfolk remain.
The continued to dampen down the blaze as of Saturday morning.
Eight pumps from Norfolk attended the blaze.
This is a breaking news story. Be sure the check back on the website for further updates as they come in.
Join our Norfolk Breaking News Facebook group to be the first to see breaking news stories in the county.