Power cut hits 1,000 homes
- Credit: UK Power Networks
More than 1,000 homes and businesses have been affected by a power cut.
A total of 385 customers over six postcodes from Dereham to Beccles are currently suffering power outages.
UK Power Networks became aware of the power outage at 2.42pm after a high voltage overhead electricity line fault.
Originally the outage was affecting more than 1,000 homes, but engineers have since redirected electricity and restored power to the majority of them.
A total of 17 customers called the electricity provider about the outage.
You may also want to watch:
Engineers are now on their way to the affected area.
A spokesperson from UK Power Networks said: "Engineers are now on site, carrying out investigations into the fault. Once they have completed their assessment, they will carry out repairs.
- 1 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 2 Man and woman found dead in home
- 3 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 4 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 5 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 6 Car catches fire after early morning crash
- 7 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 8 Man re-arrested over murder of missing 83-year-old Pat Holland
- 9 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 10 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
"We didn’t know in advance there would be a power cut, but now that we know, our teams will do everything they can to get your power back quickly.
"Engineers in our control room have switched some customers power back on in your area. To get everyone’s power back on we may need to attend to investigate and make repairs. "
Postcodes affected include IP22 3, MK44 2, MR 14 6, NR19 1, NR19 4, and NR20 3.
Engineers expect the power to be fixed by 5pm.