Power cut hits 1,000 homes
- Credit: UK Power Networks
More than 1,000 homes and businesses have been affected by a power cut.
A total of 385 customers over six postcodes from Dereham to Beccles are currently suffering power outages.
UK Power Networks became aware of the power outage at 2.42pm after a high voltage overhead electricity line fault.
Originally the outage was affecting more than 1,000 homes, but engineers have since redirected electricity and restored power to the majority of them.
A total of 17 customers called the electricity provider about the outage.
Engineers are now on their way to the affected area.
A spokesperson from UK Power Networks said: "Engineers are now on site, carrying out investigations into the fault. Once they have completed their assessment, they will carry out repairs.
- 1 Norfolk pub named one of the UK's best eateries with a view
- 2 'I couldn't believe it' - West Norfolk villages hit by flash flooding
- 3 Landowner to close path after abuse from dog owners letting pets off lead
- 4 Could some Norfolk schools be set for three-day weeks?
- 5 'Help yourself' - farmer gives away tonnes of onions damaged by heatwave
- 6 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 7 Blaze near children's playground in Norwich believed to be arson
- 8 Nine fire crews tackle blaze at industrial estate
- 9 Where you will be able to see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this week
- 10 Car carrying six children not wearing seatbelts caught on A47
"We didn’t know in advance there would be a power cut, but now that we know, our teams will do everything they can to get your power back quickly.
"Engineers in our control room have switched some customers power back on in your area. To get everyone’s power back on we may need to attend to investigate and make repairs. "
Postcodes affected include IP22 3, MK44 2, MR 14 6, NR19 1, NR19 4, and NR20 3.
Engineers expect the power to be fixed by 5pm.