Electrical firm Hughes helps Beccles Waveney Centre to host tea dances with donation of equipment
- Credit: Hughes Electrical
Tea dances are back on the calendar at a community centre after a local firm stepped in to donate some vital equipment.
The Waveney Centre in Beccles is regularly used by more than 100 people each week, including those who take to the dance floor.
But with constantly failing kettles and toasters, plus a far from reliable sound system things were not going to plan.
However, Hughes Electrical came to the rescue by donating a new kettle, toaster and CD player to ensure everything could run smoothly.
Fay Baldry, from the Waveney Centre, said: 'For a charity these can be costly items so we all really appreciate Hughes' donations. They will ensure the Waveney Centre can keep helping many local residents enjoy dancing and a nice cup of tea.'
You may also want to watch:
Sam Honeywood, manager of Hughes' Beccles branch, said the firm was delighted to help the centre keep playing its role in the community.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 6 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 7 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 8 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 9 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 10 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack