Search

Five treated by paramedics after Halloween nightclub fire

PUBLISHED: 09:48 01 November 2019 | UPDATED: 12:02 01 November 2019

Mantra in Prince of Wales Road was evacuated after an electrical fire on Halloween. Pic: Dan Grimmer.

Mantra in Prince of Wales Road was evacuated after an electrical fire on Halloween. Pic: Dan Grimmer.

Archant

Halloween revellers had to be evacuated from a city nightclub after an electrical fire broke out as the night was beginning to wind down - with five people treated by paramedics.

At around 2.30am on November 1, Norfolk Fire and Rescue service was called to an electrical fire at Mantra Club and Lounge on Prince of Wales Road in Norwich as ghoulish club-goers in costumes celebrated All Hallow's Eve.

However, staff cleared club-goers from the venue and were able to extinguish the blaze before the fire brigade arrived at the scene.

Three people were taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital for treatment after inhaling smoke, while two others were treated at the scene. Two ambulance crews attended.

Fire crews from Carrow, Sprowston and Earlham also attended the scene, using thermal image cameras to check for hot spots and heat damage.

A spokesman for Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service said no people were in the club by the time the crew arrived on the scene.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Eastern Daily Press

Hot Jobs

Show Job Lists