Late night explosion ‘lights up’ Norwich sky
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
An explosion happened at a former factory in Norwich last night.
Fire services were called to the former Colman's Mustard site at Carrow Works factory off Bracondale at around 11.30pm on Monday.
An electrical insulation explosion was reported, but it was extinguished when firefighters arrived on the scene.
Twitter users heard a 'loud' explosion in the NR1 area.
@Clarkykestrel said: "Pretty sure I saw the sky light up through my curtains when the explosion happened. Hard to tell though with the lights going off at the same time."
You may also want to watch:
@tattybook said: "Heard police sirens and a helicopter since, I'm in Thorpe Hamlet."
The aftermath was dealt with by site security.
- 1 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 2 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 3 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 4 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 5 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 6 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 7 Ten Covid patients in Norfolk's hospitals means more restrictions should be eased
- 8 1,000 people book for Norwich restaurant's 'back out to help out' offer
- 9 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 10 The magic moment Cantwell helps young fan touch trophy