Elderly pedestrian suffers serious injuries and driver arrested after collision in Hunstanton
- Credit: Archant
A female pedestrian, in her 80s, was airlifted to hospital with serious injuries after a collision involving a car in Hunstanton at lunchtime.
A police spokesman said they were called to The Green at 1.10pm today to reports of a collision between a pedestrian and car.
She said the male driver of the car was arrested and taken to the King's Lynn police investigation centre, while inquiries continued.
A spokesman from the East of England Ambulance Service said an ambulance crew, rapid response vehicle, ambulance officer and East Anglian Air Ambulance were dispatched to the scene.
She said they treated a woman in her 80s, who had suffered serious injuries including a suspected fractured pelvis and a head injury.
You may also want to watch:
The patient was airlifted to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge for further treatment.
- 1 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- 2 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 3 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 4 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 5 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 6 Market traders 'devastated' over council plans to revoke licences
- 7 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 8 Hamleys toy shop opens in Norwich shopping centre
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences in Lowestoft
- 10 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday