Elderly cyclist in ‘serious’ condition after colliding with parked car
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
A cyclist remains in hospital today after colliding with a parked car in Tunstead, near Wroxham.
The man, aged in his early 80s, suffered serious injuries in the smash in the town's Market Street on Wednesday around 2.30pm.
He was rushed to Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital where he is continuing to receive treatment.
The road was closed for several hours while emergency services responded to the incident near the school.
Police have this morning issued an appeal for information.
A spokesman for Norfolk Constabulary said: 'Officers are keen to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the collision or has information concerning the cyclist's riding manner prior to the incident.'
Anyone with information should contact PC Dave Carter at Acle Road Policing on 101.
- 1 Mum describes heartache year on from daughter's tragic death
- 2 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 3 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 4 Police on hand as anti-vaccine protesters gather in city
- 5 Eight dogs up for adoption at a Norfolk rehoming centre
- 6 Investigations continue after woman on mobility scooter assaults man
- 7 East Norfolk road closed with firefighters at the scene
- 8 The most beautiful places to live in Norfolk - according to estate agents
- 9 Hope for WASPI women as MPs back compensation call
- 10 Banksy work removed and put in museum due to local sensitivity