El Mexicana looks to open two new restaurants in Norwich
- Credit: Jessica Long
A national Mexican restaurant chain is looking to open two branches in Norwich, with the former Samson and Hercules nightclub one of the venues.
El Mexicana has put in two licence applications with Norwich City Council to open premises in the city. The chain serves Mexican street food and has branches all over the country.
They are looking to open two restaurants - one at the Tombland venue which has been empty since Just Lobsters went into liquidation in November and the other in the new restaurant quarter in the Castle Mall shopping centre.
Both applications are seeking permission to open until midnight, with hours extended to 1am on Friday and Saturday nights. The applications also state there will be occasional live music at the venues.
You may also want to watch:
Members of the public have until May 22 to comment on the applications.
El Mexicana serves a variety of Mexican cuisine including burritos, nachos and quesadillas. They also have an extensive cocktail menu.
- 1 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 2 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 3 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 4 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 5 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 6 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 7 Two people injured in A47 crash
- 8 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 9 ‘Can you let me off?’ pleads driver doing 90mph in 50mph zone
- 10 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk