Students receive career advice from industry specialists
- Credit: Archant
Students have received career advice from an industry specialist to help then secure a job.
Sixth form students at University Technical College Norfolk (UTCN) were given the top tips by technical recruitment specialists TEC Partners.
The talk was given as part of National Careers Week with TEC Partners giving a talk to year 11 and 12 students about how to write CVs and advice for job interviews.
During the visits, students have the chance to book one to one appointments with a recruiter for more tailored and personalised advice.
National Careers Week – which ran from March 4 to March 9 - promotes careers guidance across the UK and aims to support the younger generation leaving education as they transition into the working world.
You may also want to watch:
UTCN principal Alex Hayes said: 'A number of students have already picked up invaluable tips, like understanding the significance of having a LinkedIn account in modern recruitment.'
- 1 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 2 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 3 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 4 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 5 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 6 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 7 Britain's poshest train returning to Norwich for Christmas lunch
- 8 Could you offer one of these rescue animals a forever home?
- 9 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults
- 10 People told to shut doors and windows after suspected gas leak